REGISTER NOW FOR THE READING SUMMIT JUNE 13, 2024 AT LEBANON HIGH SCHOOL IN LEBANON, IN!
Join us for Keep Indiana Learning’s 2024 Reading Summit – a K-12 comprehensive teaching conference dedicated to delving into the core principles of the science of reading. This conference will feature three keynote speakers Dr. Chase Young, co-author of Artfully Teaching the Science of Reading, Kate Roberts, author of A Novel Approach and co-author of DIY Literacy with Maggie Roberts. This summit aims to equip educators, literacy specialists, and reading enthusiasts with strategies to foster effective reading instruction.
What to expect
- Engage with renowned educators, researchers, and literacy experts who will share their expertise and insights.
- Gain practical strategies and evidence-based approaches you can implement immediately in your classrooms
- Participate in hands-on workshops which bring theory to practice.
- Connect with like-minded professionals, share experiences, and build a supportive network of colleagues.
- Phonemic Awareness & Phonics: Uncover the building blocks of literacy. Learn how to effectively teach phonemic awareness and phonics, essential skills for decoding and encoding words.
- Vocabulary: Dive into the critical role of vocabulary in reading comprehension. Discover strategies to enrich students’ vocabulary, foster a deeper understanding of words, and explore ways to integrate vocabulary instruction.
- Fluency: Delve into the nuances of fluency and its impact on comprehension. Learn techniques to enhance reading fluency and gain insights into assessing and supporting fluency development.
- Comprehension: Uncover the keys to unlocking meaning. Explore the multifaceted aspects of comprehension, including text structure, inferencing, and critical thinking skills.
Keynote Speakers and Breakout Sessions
Dr. Chase Young
Keynote Title - "You are artists inspired by science, and you are awesome!"
Breakout Session Title - "Using the F-Word in Your Classroom: Effective FLUENCY Instruction"
Author of A Novel Approach and
co-author of DIY Literacy
CO-Author of DIY Literacy
SPONSOR OR EXHIBITOR!
Join us June 13, 2024, for a K-12 comprehensive teaching conference dedicated to delving into the core principles of the science of reading. All Sponsors and Exhibitors will have the opportunity to submit a proposal to present a session at the conference.