The Keep Indiana Learning Counselor Connect Expert Network is a district-led and championed community of practice, offering high quality professional development, resources, and support for Student Service Professionals to foster the delivery of equitable, accessible, and data-informed services to students in the areas of academic, postsecondary, and social-emotional learning.
Professional Development Opportunities
School Counselors for MTSS Series
Ready to get your team MTSS aligned? Join Dr. Emily Goodman-Scott and the School Counselors for MTSS presenters as they walk district and school teams through MTSS and school counseling program alignment.
Free Events & OnDemand Library
Visit the free Keep Indiana Learning Engagement Center for upcoming Counselor Connect virtual events and OnDemand videos from practitioners and educational thought leaders!
Interested in Contributing to Keep Indiana Learning?
We are always looking for educational voices to share expertise, tips, and resources.
Engage with the Counselor Connect Network
Counselor Connect values the member expertise and ongoing support from our four tactic teams, including: Comprehensive School Counseling, Postsecondary Options, Social-Emotional Learning, and Student and Family Advocacy. Each team consists of content experts from across the state who assist in identifying needs and contribute to creating and identifying content and resources to meet those areas of need.
- Comprehensive School Counseling
- Amanda Culhan – Co-Chair | CIESC
- Lizette Baumann – Co-Chair | Hamilton Southeastern Schools
- Sam Vidal – Co-Chair | Zionsville Middle School
- Postsecondary Options
- Dr. Andrew Melin – Co-Chair | CIESC
- Allen Hill – Co-Chair | ISCA/JR Phalen Leadership Academy
- Flora Jones – Co-Chair | IDOE
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Amanda Culhan – Co-Chair | Consultant
- Christy Berger – Co-Chair | Center Grove Community School Corporation
- Brooke Lawson – Co-Chair | Hamilton Southeastern Schools
- Student and Family Advocacy
- Mary Brabson – Co-Chair | CIESC
- Lisa Laug – Co-Chair | Greenwood Community School Corporation
Are you interested in joining our tactic teams to help plan and drive the work of Counselor Connect? Reach out to Amanda Culhan for more information!
Meet Our Counselor Connect Coordinating Team Members
Counselor Connect launched in the spring of 2020 with the mission of a serving Student Service Professionals, Administrators, and organizations. To support student service professionals across the state, this team is focused on providing quality learning opportunities regarding MTMDSS, systems for comprehensive school counseling development, leadership development, and advocacy.
- Amanda Culhan, Counselor Connect Coordinator
- Dr. Andrew Melin, CIESC Executive Director
- Co-Chairs for the Comprehensive School Counseling, Postsecondary Options, Social-Emotional Learning, and Student & Family Advocacy Teams
Our Expert Network has curated these resources to support Student Service Professionals across the state. Check back often!