Supporting Academically Struggling Students
Presenter: Counselor Connect Presenters
In this presentation, the following will be shared and discussed:
- The importance of the Student Orientation and pre-work with student readiness such as: course preview, awareness, navigation of the system, drop-in sessions, the coach/mentor role.
- Parent, coach/mentor and Special Ed /TOR information for monitoring student progress.
- The challenges this year presents with more ‘new’ online students and parents expecting “school online” verses “online school”.
- School personnel changes and training.
- Shared resources: student engagement research, Student Orientation connected to successful completions, WDLC case studies
- Dawn Nordine, Executive Director, Wisconsin Virtual School
- Kori Williamson and Jessica Griggs, Hoosier Academy ·
- Kim Hendrick, Executive Director, Indiana Online
- Trenton Borom, Speedway High School
- Connie Poston, Clark Pleasant Community Schools
- Jodi Kaseff, Clark Pleasant Community Schools
- Michelle Clarke, Indiana’s School Counseling Specialist, will provide updates related to SEL Competencies, Graduation Pathways, and Assessment.
To register for this event, please complete the form below.