Science of Reading Focus Groups
The Science of Reading Focus Group aims to explore, discuss, and promote evidence-based research and practices related to reading instruction.
Who should attend?
The group brings together educators, researchers, literacy specialists, and other stakeholders to collaborate and exchange knowledge to enhance reading instruction and improve literacy outcomes for learners.
SAVE THE DATE!
What to Expect
Dates and Times
- September 26, 2023
- October 24, 2023
- November 21, 2023
All dates from 3:30pm – 5:00pm EST
- Welcome and Introduction (5 minutes):
- Greet participants and introduce any new members.
- Provide a brief overview of the group’s mission and objectives.
- Guest Speaker or Presentation (30 minutes):
- Invite a renowned researcher, expert, or professional in reading instruction to present on a specific topic or share recent findings.
- Allow time for questions, discussions, and reflections on the presentation.
- Research and Best Practices Sharing (15 minutes):
- Participants can share recent research studies or best practices related to reading instruction.
- Encourage participants to provide summaries or key takeaways from relevant articles, books, or studies they have come across.
- Facilitate discussions and encourage dialogue among participants.
- Collaborative Problem-Solving Session (15 minutes):
- Identify a specific challenge or issue related to reading instruction.
- Break into small groups and brainstorm potential solutions or strategies.
- Reconvene as a whole group to share ideas and insights.
- Announcements and Updates (5 minutes):
- Share relevant news, upcoming conferences or events, and professional development opportunities related to the Science of Reading.
- Provide updates on ongoing projects or initiatives within the group.
- Future Meeting Planning (10 minutes):
- Discuss and determine the topic or theme for the next meeting.
- Assign any necessary preparation or research tasks for participants.
- Confirm the date, time, and location for the next meeting.
- Wrap-up and Conclusion (5 minutes):
- Summarize the main discussions, decisions, and action items from the meeting.
- Thank participants for their contributions and commitment to the Science of Reading Focus Group.
- Adjourn the meeting.