Integrating Computer Science in the Classroom and Unpacking the Updated Standards
Designed specifically for each grade band for educators in any subject, the Integrating Computer Science professional development workshop is designed to equip teachers with the knowledge and instructional strategies to integrate computer science into existing coursework.
The topics covered in each workshop include:
- Unpack Prioritized Indiana Computer Science Academic Standards and learning outcome per grade band
- Indiana Computer Science Standards, including where to locate the standards and how to navigate the curriculum map
- Role of Computer Science in society and the classroom
- Introduction to the core concepts and core practices of computer science
- Experiencing classroom lessons for each core concept
This workshop will be hybrid – meaning we will be working alongside educators from all corners of the state alongside other ESCs.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for all educators! Gen ed classroom teachers, computer science teachers, resource & tech teachers will all walk away with things ready to implement.
SAVE THE DATE!
What to Expect
This live workshop will be held simultaneously at ESC locations across the state! There will be a live, virtual presenter and in-room facilitators who will foster collaboration and communication among your peers.
- Lunch provided
- Sub fees reimbursed
- Grades 6-8: Rescheduled, new dates announced soon!
- Grades K-5: Rescheduled, new dates announced soon!
Sign up to receive notifications
When new dates are available!
3500 Depauw Blvd
Pyramid 2, Floor 2
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Multiple Hotels and Lodging venues located nearby.
Multiple food and entertainment venues located nearby.