ISTE Certified Educator Cohort
First Ever Indiana Cohort Forming Now!
Move from simply integrating technology to catalyzing active, high impact learning!
The ISTE Certification for Educators was designed to help educators take the next steps in using technology for learning—to move from simply integrating technology to catalyzing active, high impact learning.
Today all educators must be able to use technology to empower students of every age. Learning environments, in the classroom, online or blended, are more diverse than ever, fostering collaboration, transparency of thinking and access to tools to create and publish student work. Educators can create authentic, real-world learning experiences that engage students in ways not possible without technology. With knowledge at our fingertips, the role of the educator is changing, too. Educators are now expected to be the facilitator of students’ knowledge construction and develop students as empowered learners. The ISTE Certification is a deep dive into the standards and transforming practice for high-impact learning.
What to Expect
Phase 1: Fully Online Professional Learning
- 14 weeks of online learning facilitated by ISTE Certified Trainers
- 5 synchronous sessions and online content that address:
- Empowered Educator
- Designing for Diversity and Accessibility
- Creating Equity in Digital Learning Environments
- Redesigning Learning and Instruction
- ISTE Standards in Practice
- Accountability partners throughout the process
- Assignments that focus on artifact development for portfolio submission
- 3 In-Person regional work/support sessions at ESC locations
Phase 2: Portfolio Preparation and Submission
- Up to 6 months to apply principles and curate examples of real-world implementation for portfolio submission
- Extensive portfolio supports including office hours hosted by ISTE Certification Director, access to exemplars from previous successful submissions, discussion boards and more
- Portfolios reviewed by ISTE-trained evaluators
Phase 3: ISTE Certified Educator Community
Those who earn the ISTE Certification become a part of an international professional learning community of ISTE Certified Educators for three years. Members of this distinguished community are committed to sharing what they have learned and mentoring colleagues at their school as part of their renewal process.
Who should Attend
The following cohort package is exclusively available to Indiana educators through this offer only. Educators, EdTech Coaches, Instructional Leaders, and anyone looking to transform teaching and learning for high impact instructional design may want to join this first ever Indiana ISTE Certified Educator Cohort!
Sign up now to be alerted when registration opens for the cohort!
Registration Fee for the ISTE Certified Educator Cohort – $1350
Indiana Cohort includes:
- Kick-off planning meeting
- Participant support, including initial learning completion, portfolio submission and portfolio passes
- Includes 3 free optional in-person meetings at your regional ESC (dates to be determined)
- Portfolio phase milestone meetings
- Indiana-only office hours during portfolio phase
- ISTE Certification celebration