Keep Indiana Learning & Koru Group Presents
Rebooting PLC Structures with Collaborative Data Inquiry
Reset and Recalibrate
Through Thoughtful Data Inquiry
Teams need a common purpose for working together with coherent data practices and shared expectations.
Through the Reboot PLC process, your team will develop the skills to conduct thoughtful data inquiry using the Harvard School of Education Data Wise framework. Teams will also explore how established norms and processes foster productive professional iterations and support methods for using limited time effectively.
District and school leadership teams will learn to:
- build internal capacity
- develop a culture of collaborative data inquiry
- improve teamwork
- promote equity-based continuous improvement
Who Should Attend
The Rebooting PLC Structures with Collaborative Data Inquiry workshops and virtual coaching sessions are designed for district and school-based leadership teams responsible for creating PLCs and systems for professional learning.
Superintendents or deputy/assistant superintendent responsible for academics, data specialists, director of professional development, principal supervisors, district instructional coaches, director of curriculum and instruction, or other roles as desired by district teams.
Principals, assistant principals, subject or grade level department chairs, school data specialists, instructional coaches or designers, or other roles as desired by school teams.
So that teams have a comprehensive perspective of the needs of their PLCs, leadership teams should be composed of 4- 7 members with various roles and responsibilities.
What to Expect
In-Person at CIESC
During this workshop, teams will:
- Self-evaluate around key PLC areas, conduct a current-state, future-state analysis, and identify change areas over the course of the year
- Develop a foundational knowledge of the Data Wise Improvement Process, ACE Habits of Mind, and Data Wise Norms
- Learn and practice key tasks to prepare themselves for leading strong, purpose-driven teams, effective use of collaborative time, tips for structuring a master schedule, and using data/assessment literacy through an equity lens
- Discover steps of an improvement cycle as the foundation and cadence of PLC meeting objectives
In August and September teams will have access to a Data Wise coach and regular opportunities to reflect on progress, identify successes and challenges, and prepare for next steps as they enact key tasks identified in the Launch Workshop.
Teams will resume monthly coaching in November, December, and January with their Data Wise coach to continue to reflect on progress, identify areas of improvement, and make adjustments to their plans for supporting their PLCs.
In-Person at CIESC
During this workshop, teams will:
- Dive into the use of data to identify learner-centered problems and adult-centered problems of practice
- Explore norms and processes for decision-making and shared leadership
- Discover how to leverage PLCs for action: including researching new instructional practices, developing written action plans, task and project management, measuring progress, and establishing a space for regular reflection
- Learn how to close out a PLC’s team work for the school year, and how to onboard new team members
Meet your facilitators
Robert Wessman, Ed.L.D.
Founder and CEO, Koru Strategy Group
Dr. Robert Wessman is founder and CEO of Koru Strategy Group, a company that specializes in helping school systems across the United States build capacity for ongoing improvement. Dr. Wessman designs and leads customized capacity-building and professional learning projects including strategic planning, superintendent executive coaching, C-Level team coaching, on-site workshops and implementation support for complex, comprehensive framework-driven projects, such as the Data Wise Improvement Process, Design Thinking, Internal Coherence, and High-Functioning Teams. Dr. Wessman brings 20 years of experience in a variety of roles in education systems, including teacher, school administrator, district leader, instructional designer, principal and superintendent mentor, and executive coach. He holds his doctorate in Education Leadership from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and is a Harvard Data Wise Certified Coach.
Jorge Peña, Ed.D.
Facilitator, Data and Improvement
Dr. Jorge Peña is the Andrew Greeley Endowed Research Fellow in the School of Education at Loyola University Chicago. In this role he conducts research connected to the instructional core in Catholic and public schools and teaches graduate students in the administration and supervision program. Before coming to Loyola University Chicago, he was the Director of School Improvement and Catholic School Accreditation for the Archdiocese of Chicago where he was responsible for supporting the system and schools on using evidence in the continuous school improvement process. He teaches and coaches schools across the United States and Internationally in using the Data Wise Improvement Process. Dr. Peña holds a B.A. from The University of Vermont, a M.S. Ed. from Chicago State University, an Ed.D. from DePaul University, is a Harvard Data Wise Certified Coach, and earned the Certificate in Advanced Educational Leadership from the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Register Your team today!
$1250 Per Team Member
2 Full in-person workshop days
June 17 and October 4
8 Virtual Individualized
Team Coaching Sessions
In-Person Location at CIESC
3500 Depauw Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 46268